A ultimate step-by-step kitchen cleaning guide by Golden Cleaners
- 27th September 2017
- Posted by: Aury Silva
- Category: Cleaning Services, Deep cleaning Tips, Domestic Cleaning Services, House cleaning, House Cleaning Tips
Seeing your cabinets in a cluttered state, your refrigerator dusty and dirty and the oven full of food debris that makes you cringe every time you try to cook something will definitely make you want to invest some time in intense kitchen cleaning. Remember, the kitchen is the most important room of the home, and serves as a social hub for the entire family. It should be as presentable as possible at all times. Here is a step-by-step tutorial to help you out in that regard:
- Do a quick cleanup – you cannot hope to do a good cleaning around with too much clutter around. Invest 15 minutes in clearing out what doesn’t belong in the kitchen and also address dirty dishes. That will give you enough space to address the actual cleaning project.
- Dust corners of the walls and ceiling – dusting these areas is important, as you probably forget about them in the chaos of all other tasks. Decide if the walls require some spot washing.
- Dust photographs and other wall-mounted decor – these items get dusty too and they can fall victim to a food spill. Make sure you don’t spray any cleansers on the frame, but rather wet a cloth and clean with it. It will save them from liquid going behind the glass.
- Spray the oven cleaner and tackle the refrigerator – spray the oven cleaner so it can sit long enough to do its job. Clean the fridge in the meantime. Wipe the outside and vacuum underneath.
- Clean the oven – when done with the freezer and fridge, tackle the oven interior.
- Wipe down small appliances – toaster, blender and other small appliances should be wiped too. Turn your attention to the microwave. If the interior is too dirty, you can soften the spoils by boiling a glass cup of water and lemon juice inside. The gunk will loosen and you will be able to easily wipe it.
- Clean the cabinets – this task involves de-cluttering and organising, in addition to cleaning. Browse the contents of each cabinet and see if there is anything that doesn’t belong there. Maybe dispose of items you don’t really use anymore. Take out everything and wash down the inside and outside thoroughly.
- Run an empty dishwasher – the goal is to give it a thorough clean. Add baking soda or vinegar to give the cleaning cycle a little boost.
- Tackle the counter tops – make sure to keep counter tops clean at all times since that is where you prepare your food. Don’t forget to clean the back splash too.
- Wash down the sink – wipe down the sink walls and run water with baking soda down the garbage disposal to freshen it. Mix baking soda and vinegar and pour down the drain to unclog it.
- Clean the floor – when you are done with all of these tasks, it is time to tackle the floor.
By following these steps, you ensure that the place is properly cleaned and sanitised. Sure, it is not some simple project you can finish in an hour, but it is definitely a home cleaning chore you have to address sooner rather than later.